9/22/2012

1.12 - Epilogue

I smiled sadly as I laid a hand on my swollen stomach. A lot had happened in the past years. Things that made me stronger, but it was strength I'd had to suffer for. After I left Mulberry, things weren't all happiness and sunshine. Mulberry started drinking heavily, he let himself go, stopped supporting himself. I couldn't help but to feel guilty. In the divorce I easily got custody of Cosmic. Whisper testified that I had a place to keep him for as long as I needed, that he would be taken care of. Orchid testified about how terrified I was to tell Mulberry about my pregnancy. In the end, though, what made the custody battle so easy was that Mulberry didn't really want Cosmic anyway.

Cosmic, for the most part, has had a good life. He can barely remember living with Mulberry and calls Brink Daddy. He loves his Granny Whisper and his Papa Tacha. Of course, his aunts Lily, Rosee, and Orchid are on his list of favorite people as well. Unfortunately, he doesn't get to see them much anymore.


The only thing I even remotely dislike about my life is that we had to move, pretty far away. Mulberry was harassing me, practically stalking me. Sometimes, he would get really angry and hit me. For a long time I resisted going to the cops about it, but Brink eventually pretty much forced me when I came home with the bruises. Even a restraining order wouldn't keep him away, though, and the cops told me it would be best for me to move. I was going to go on my own, I didn't want to take Brink away from his family, but we were engaged by that point and he insisted. That's the main reason I dislike living in Sugar Valley, Brink had to leave his family to move here. Of course, Brink and his family had lived here before. That's why we moved here, he missed it. So, I guess it isn't all bad.

He is the best husband a girl could ask for, he is the man of my dreams. He is an absolutely wonderful father, and never loses his temper with the boys.. Even when I'm about to! He is amazingly patient, not only with them, but with me as well. Sometimes, I wonder what would have happened if I had danced with him at prom that night. Would things have turned out differently?

I allowed myself to chuckle. Here I was, a 37 year old woman, thinking about prom.

I lovingly stroked my stomach as I thought about the wedding. We were new to Sugar Valley at the time, we didn't really know anyone, so we had a private wedding on the beach. It was so much less fussy, so much more romantic. I loved it. It was on that night that little Castro had been created. My second unplanned pregnancy went so much better, though. Brink had been thrilled, and Whisper just as much. They visited on Castro's first birthday, and stayed a few days. It was nice to catch up with everyone, even if the house was cramped.

My little girls would be here any day now. I was so happy when I'd found out that I would be having a girl. I loved my boys very much, but I'd always wanted a little girl to baby. Brink and Castro were also excited about their arrival... Cosmic not so much. He and Castro didn't really get along, I think it has something to do with the fact that Brink is Castro's "real" father. Of course, Cosmic is at a difficult age. Being a teenager can be a lot harder when you have things to overcome... I just hope he'll be okay.

I sucked a breath in sharply when a familiar pain rolled through my abdomen. I placed my hands on either side of my stomach.

"Brink! It's time!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: And so, the first generation has rolled to an end ): In my other post, I have explained why things were cut so short. I hope this post made sense, and please check out my tumblr to find out more about Moon's life (: I will be posting an heir vote shortly.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm thrilled to hear that she had a good life after she got divorced! I'm glad Mulberry leaves her alone now, and it look like Brink makes an awesome Dad :) I'll vote now before we head out, can't miss that :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah (: Things were a little hard at first, but after she distanced herself from Mulberry things started falling into place. She and Brink are just so sweet :D They rolled wants for more children even after the twins were born and I was like... "What? No... Neither of you are even family oriented. Why you want so many kids?" Haha.

      Have fun on your vacation!

      Delete