6/16/2012

1.0


My name is Moon Glow Whisper, and this is me. I'm not exactly what you would call "normal", but I've never wanted to be normal. I'm not obsessed with wearing the latest clothing or having long flowing hair. No, the only thing I want it to be me. If only I knew who I was.
Most of my life is pretty normal, pretty happy. I live in a huge house with my dad and my stepmom. The only sad part about my life is that my mother is gone. She died when I was about five, I'm not even sure why.. Except that she was really sick. I love to sit in this part of my house, it was the last part my mom designed before she passed on. She designed it for both of us, because we both love being outside. It's a room in middle of the house that is really opened up, a good place to stay if you're too sick to really be out doing what you want to do. It's my favorite place in the whole house, and I stay here more than in my own room.
Like most seventeen year old girls, I have a best friend.. Unlike most seventeen year old girls, she is my only friend. We met when we were about four years old, when my family first moved to Starburst Shores. We moved here because the famous surgeon: Green Apple Crisp lives here. If anyone could have helped my mom, it would have been him. Orchid was just what I needed as a young child with a sick mother; a distraction. I stayed at her house while my mom was in the hospital, and that's when we bonded.
We are polar opposites in just about every way: She is into fashion, boys and looking the best that she can. I am into being myself, and keeping boys as far away from me as can. She has a mother, father, and younger brother who she loves endlessly. I have a father, and a pregnant stepmom. Me and my dad used to be close, but that was before Blush...
Our relationship isn't that different from when we were four years old, she is still my distraction. She's the person I can talk to about my problems, and share my deepest thoughts with. I'm the same for her, though most of her problems revolve around the boys she absolutely won't leave alone.
But despite all of our differences, we love each other anyways. We are almost always at one anothers' houses, and we just love to goof off and have a good time. She's more like my sister than my bestfriend.
But then we come to the root of all of my problems; the bane of my existence: Blush Hard Candy ( Berry by berrypie27: found here ), or maybe I should say Blush Whisper. I swear, I can't stand her. She's only six years older than I am, and my dad started dating her only a year after Mom died! Honestly, Blush has never been anything but kind to me.. But I'll never accept another woman into my life. I only had one mother, and she is gone now.
I just can't stand it.. They're always hugging, smiling, and kissing.. Dad acts like Mom never existed, and that cuts me deeper than a knife. They're expecting their first baby soon, and I can't help but to feel like it's my replacement.. Anyway, my dad is a rich composer, his name is Tacha Whisper. Blush is a fashionista, though she's taking off for the next couple of years so she can enjoy her baby.
And where am I when all of this is going down? I'm normally in Mom's area, doing my homework or texting Orchid. As far as homework goes, I always get it done. I'm not the best student, but I maintain solid B's.. So at least I'm passing. Orchid manages to make straight A's even though she hardly does anything. I think she gets her smarts from her dad.
And, of course, there's my bird: Mackster. A few years ago I was really wanting a puppy.. But of course Blush didn't want one because they're "dirty". So, I settled on a parrot. Mackster is really smart, and likes to nibble my ears. I have to keep my bedroom door closed all the time, though, because he likes to peck Blush.
And every now and then Dad and I will eat dinner together because Blush has driven off to Briochoport to visit her family. But our meals never really go well. He always tells me that I'm not fair to Blush, but of course I already know that. It ends in a fight, and he storms off to his bedroom and I do the same.
Mine and my dad's relationship crumbled when he started dating Blush. He told me I didn't understand, and I've always bottled up how it makes me feel. I try not to think about how close my dad and I used to be. I try not to think about a lot of things, I just want to be a normal teenager. Orchid and I are planning to move in together in our own house after we graduate... So I can tough it out for another year.

2 comments: